Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lipschitz Condition

I haven't read anything by Charles Krauthammer recently. I was introduced to his work by my former boss last summer and I think that he writes very well. Everytime I read his column, his points come across very, very clearly. Compare this piece to this one by David Aaronovitch of The Times -pretty interesting material, but none entirely original and too waffly in my humblest opinion.

He poses an important point towards the end of his piece. He says:

For Fukuyama to assert that I characterized it as "a virtually unqualified success" is simply breathtaking. My argument then, as now, was the necessity of this undertaking, never its ensured success. And it was necessary because, as I said, there is not a single, remotely plausible, alternative strategy for attacking the root causes of Sept. 11: "The cauldron of political oppression, religious intolerance, and social ruin in the Arab-Islamic world -- oppression transmuted and deflected by regimes with no legitimacy into virulent, murderous anti-Americanism."

Since anti-Americanism was the root cause of the Sept. 11th attacks, could it not be the case that the root cause of these sentiments was the over extension of American power? Proceeding to over-extend even more by attempting regime change in Iraq may have been a bad move. If one of the reasons why these people are so upset is because you've messed around in their affairs for too long then maybe you should have swallowed your pride rather than exacerbating the problem. Maybe a semi-isolationist foreign policy would mean more funds for health care and social security services which have been left wanting in America.

Random: I was MSN-ing with a friend tonight and I sent him the link to Mr Aaronovitch's piece. I was very kindly informed that this whole "the Jews are taking over the world" hypothesis isn't something entirely groundbreaking.Anyway, said friend mentioned that banks, press and politics in the US are under strong Jewish influences. Interestingly, I wiki-ed (don't you just LOVE Wikipedia) both Krauthammer and Aaronovitch's names. And what do you know? They're both at least half-Jew and they both studied at the same college in Oxford around the same time as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

291206

291206