Saturday, September 09, 2006

Actorlympics

A few of us went to catch Actorlympics on Thursday night at Actors Studio Bangsar. For the uninformed, it’s like Drew Carey’s “Whose Line is it Anyway?” TV show. I was looking forward to watching Ida Nerina and the legendary Harith Iskandar but as luck would have it, she wasn’t performing that night and he wasn’t taking part this year at all. Nonetheless, we were all majorly tickled by Afdlin Shauki and Reza Zainal Abidin.

I found out from Shauki’s blog that NTV7 is to air 13 episodes of Actorlympics in the near future. This is good news for me as I don’t think I’d be able to fork out RM42 per ticket (we paid a reasonable RM22 as students this time) even for countless Siti Nurhaliza-Datuk K jokes.

The question is, how much of the show's spontaneous and politically incorrect edge will be lost given the fact that whatever the actors say this time will be recorded and broadcast to a more diverse and potentially less forgiving crowd?

Ok, whatever Stef. Anyway the bottomline is: we laughed a lot and after that we went to have supper at Pelita.

6 comments:

Roy said...

I went to watch it on Wednesday too.

Me and my mates were talking about it - and oh how it should be televised.

Yeah, that would mean that they won't be able to talk politics and sex, and that might not be so fun(ny) anymore.

But then, the mark of a really great actor (and artist and entertainer?), is him/her being able to put up a good show - in spite of the no sex and no politics.

This reminds me of a TVC (which I stole from somewhere and put up on youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmb0ShMHWYg

Unknown said...

Didnt we watched this about the same time last summer?

stefkhaw said...

yeah i think i watched it some time ago. you must have put up the link on your blog last time.

are we really not allowed to show armpits on tv??

stefkhaw said...

yeah henry we did. i think they have it quite often.

Fara K. said...

is there EVEN such a thing?

§pinzer said...

yes fara =P I was meant to go for it as well, along with all the other theatrical events held at KLPac... unfortunately I was very short of time, and well, now that I'm back in the land of English, I can't do much can I? ^_^

291206

291206