Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Edited

One of my readers suggested that I might consider removing pictures from my last post. If you didn't manage to see the post, they were basically a digitized version of the Jyllands Posten cartoons.

I realised that in criticising print media for their lack of respect for their audience, I myself fall in the same position by publishing these pictures. Although an entire country (Note that Jyllands Posten only has a readership base of less than 60,000) does not read my blog, I suppose the whole world does have access to it.

I'm removing these pictures for three reasons:

(1) Aretha Franklin: R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (Sorry I couldn't resist the Zamir-style joke)
(2) Example. (I checked out Jeff Ooi's blog today and noticed that he's reported extensively on the issue but has not published any cartoons. So if he isn't doing it I guess I won't. By the way, I did a mental somersault when I found out he commented on the Simon Jenkins piece as well...at least I'm doing SOMETHING right)
(3) I suppose if you're curious enough, you should just do a Google Search and check the cartoons out on your own.

Can I just mention that sometime last year, that the French fashion house, Girbaud was slammed for using a bunch of supermodels to portray Da Vinci's The Last Supper. Again, refer to (3) above.

3 comments:

jeleow said...

Hmm, don't think my initial comments went through.

Leow

jeleow said...

Ah.. ok..
Chanced upon your blog. Interesting.. ;-)

Boss Stewie said...

yes stef... better idea not to have those pics up

291206

291206