Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to School

OK so I didn't get to do the revision that I planned to during my Christmas holidays. But I finally finished ploughing through the globalisation book which I've mentioned millions of times on this blog.

The book contains a whole lot of interesting ideas and stories. Here's something I didn't know:

Ramzi Yousef masterminded the World Trade Center bombing in New York, which killed six people and injured more than a thousand on Ferbruary 26, 1993. He just wanted to blow up the two tallest buildings in America. He told the Federal District Court in Manhattan that his goal was to set off an explosion that would cause one World Trade Center tower to fall onto the other and kill 250,000 civilians.

Note that the book was first published in 1999, before 9/11 even happened.

Interestingly, someone I had dinner with recently told me that the whole crashing a plane into the WTC thing was mentioned in a Tom Clancy book which was written prior to 9/11.

291206

291206