Sunday, October 16, 2005

Be Nice to Everyone

"Beautiful and famous people get everyone else to look at them. They create positive associations for whatever you're selling. But our idols seldom act out of selfless motives. Whereas product endorsements pay cash, actors and musicians gain heft and respectability by supporting fashionable crusades."

Jason Weisberg of Slate.com writes about politicians and celebs. Read more here.

Weisberg charges a whole bunch of public figures for not being entirely pure of heart. Cynic. There may still exist some true saints who really do want to 'Heal The World' with their political clout or celebrity status.

Sometimes I feel that many people do good things for their own benefit. Sure, I gave some poor dude money but it made me feel good about myself after I did so. I don't think I really cared about the poor guy, I may have just gave him some cash so I'd feel like I'd done my part to be a good person today. It made me feel less guilty for something bad I did earlier on.

And so what if our motives aren't entirely pure? Better that than no one making any effort whatsoever to be nice. Better to be fake than have everyone at each others throats.

The PR people probably thought that getting the three most talked about women in the US at the moment would boost the credibility of their cause. Maybe some research into their respective views on the issue should have been carried out beforehand.

Maybe things would have turned out better if the women everyone was talking about didn't talk at all -just shut up and smile for the camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Online blackjack tournament Oxford handbook pda impotence Vision insurance individual plan Eczema of the scal dry skin care Commercials levitra Scrabble or boggle Chevrolet centre youngstown

291206

291206